NATIONAL FIBRE NETWORK
- XDSL a New Generation ISP has been setting the pace in the Fibre market, we were the first ISP to launch 25Mbps, 50Mbps and 100Mbps Fibre products.
- Bold and Ground breaking decisions gave XDSL another first where we provided free internet access from within our Data Centre to our Fibre customers if they hosted their equipment inside our Data Centre.
- Being the leader of the pack, XDSL have built a next generation network that spans more than 200 000km Fibre in South Africa, in just 13 years
- Providing us with the advantage of having access to 25% more fibre than the single largest ISP in South Africa.
- XDSL’s 68 POPS (Points of Presence) (and increasing daily) are positioned perfectly to reach most businesses in South Africa.
- Spanning 19 Data Centres across South Africa and Internationally
- Incorporating Cisco, Juniper and Ciena, XDSL built up a backbone with bandwidth speeds up to 40 Gbps
SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENTS
XDSL rewrote the rules of engagement by defining a Service level offering for all our networking products. Being bold we also took the step of adding aggressive penalties to quantify our Customers Service Experience.
XDSL demystified the SLA experience for all our clients, making it easy to understand with respect to
- Proactive Security
- QoS, up to three queues tailored to your needs
- Proactive Monitoring
- Built in Failover
- Uptime Guarantees
- Bandwidth Guarantees
- Monthly Reporting
- Built in penalties
- On demand Reporting
- Key performance indicators
- Convenient access to the best technical resources
After we set the standards for the Next Generation ISP, XDSL added another first by adding unequivocal Value adds to our SLA’s.
- Home 4Mbps uncapped ADSL accounts for staff members
- Free use of Hosted Enterprise PBX
- VOIP in separate VLAN on our Green and Purple Network
- Access to Bundled products
- Gold Continuity Service
Gone are the days where you had to pay exorbitant rates to the more Traditional Internet Service Provider’s brand, legacy networks, excessive staff compliments and general lack of Service excellence.
XDSL “Make the Change”